Putting People First in Washington
Today, Amanda Howland, trustee at the College of Lake County, announced her candidacy for Congress in the Sixth District of Illinois. She pointed to the many reasons why the Sixth Congressional District needs new representation in Washington, D.C. and unveiled her new website, AmandaHowlandforCongress.com..
As our Member of Congress, Amanda will put our needs first.
Amanda has been working all her life to help people reach their full potential. From the beginning of her career as a teacher of behavior-disordered children, to her work as a grade school principal in Bartlett, and now as a College of Lake County trustee and practicing civil rights and employment attorney, Amanda has fought to make sure every American has access to the resources and opportunity they need to personally achieve success. As our voice in Congress, she will stand up for our communities and the hard-working middle class families Washington has ignored for far too long.
We Need a Representative Who Cares About Us
- Ensure tax and spending policies reflect the priorities and values of middle-class families
- Defend Social Security and Medicare from irresponsible politicians who forget that Americans earned those benefits
- Make college more affordable and reform student loans
- Safeguard a woman's right to her own health care decisions
- Reform the Affordable Care Act so it adapts to a changing market and provides all Americans with access to quality affordable health care